Australian Nicotine Prescriptions - What You Need To Know
How to get nicotine e-liquids, pods and unflavoured nicotine in Australia?
As of October 1st, 2021, nicotine e-liquids, pods unflavoured nicotine is classified as a schedule 4 prescription only medicine. This means you will have to find a doctor that will prescribe your vaping as a smoking cessation aide.
Where do I get a nicotine prescription for Australia?
We can only imagine how frustrating this law change must be for you, but there is some good news in that our customers have found obtaining a script to be relatively quick and easy from one of the following providers:
- MedicalNicotine: https://www.medicalnicotine.com.au
- Quit Clinics: https://www.quitclinics.com/
- Vaping Scripts: https://vapingscripts.com.au/
- Quit RX: https://www.quitrx.com.au/
- Vape Scripts: https://vapescripts.com/
- Smokefree Clinic: https://smokefreeclinic.com.au/
- Australian Govt. TGA Authorised Prescribers: https://www.athra.org.au/list-of-doctors/
I have my prescription. How do I use it?
Once you have your prescription, you'll need to send it to us so we can add it to your importation notes OR you may opt to ship without one if you have chosen NZ Post Economy as your shipping option but your respective local authority may get in touch with you to check on the prescription and it will be your responsibility to ensure the delivery. We take no liability for loss of goods or fines due to your local laws or regulations.
If you want us to attach to the parcel, we've made this super easy for you. On ANY nicotine product, you'll see an "Australian orders, please upload your prescription here once, before checking out", click the "Choose File" button and select your prescription.
This only has to be uploaded ONCE per order on any of the nicotine products you are purchasing. The next time you place an order, you will have to upload your script again.
What happens if I order nicotine e-liquids, pods or unflavoured nicotine without a prescription to Australia?
If you place an order for nicotine e-liquids, pods or unflavoured nicotine and have an Australian delivery address, our system will require us to load your prescription into the import documents if you have chosen DHL Express as the shipping option.
Please note: your prescription must contain the following:
- The date of issue
- The name of address of the patient
- Particulars of the medicine including the name, strength and quantity
- The number of times the may be supplied under the written authority and
- The name, address, telephone number and Australian prescriber number of the Australian registered medical practitioner giving the written authority
You can find further details on nicotine product access, consumer information and frequently asked questions here: https://www.tga.gov.au/nicotine-vaping-products
And of course if you have any further questions then please get in touch with our customer service team who will be happy to assist you: eliquids.nz